Do you or someone you know use a wheelchair? The AmeriGlide Achiever Scholarship is a program AmeriGlide offers to full time college students who use wheelchairs.
Their goal is to help provide financial assistance for books or other school related supplies to deserving mobility challenged students.
This $500 scholarship is available twice a year for the Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Must be enrolled at an accredited two or four year college
- Must use a manual or electric wheelchair
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must complete application and submit response to essay question by July 31, 2009
- Must be a legal resident of the United States or hold a valid student visa
Application for Instructions
- Application must be completed no later than July 31, 2009. For mailed applications, they must be post marked by July 31, 2009.
- Essays must be submitted as part of the online application form, have a minimum of 500 words, and be submitted in English.
- You can submit up to two character references from your teacher or any other non-related third party. After you complete the application, you will receive a confirmation email that provides further instructions about submitting your references.
This Years Essay Question
Please choose only one of the following essay questions:
- What area of your school do you think would benefit from improved accessibility and how would you improve it?
- What area of your school do you feel has excellent accessibility and why?